There are so many ways to make your merchandise look phenomenal, and we’re here to make sure you get the best looking merch for your event or campaign! Here is the nitty gritty of our print methods:
- Laser Engraving
Precise lasers are used to engrave into the object. This process sees much better results than that of traditional engraving where tools physically make contact with the object and cause minor defects.
- Screen Printing
This technique uses a woven mesh and ink blocking stencil. One colour is printed at a time, so often with multicoloured prints, several screens are needed. Screen printing is most effective with one colour print jobs.
- Pad Printing
Pad Printing transfers artwork onto 3D objects using a silicone pad onto the merchandise. This method is effective on curved surfaces, as the silicone pad is able to slightly bend to print a clear image on the surface.
This is where the printed area on the merchandise is raised off the surface.
Debossing involves creating an impression in the substrate using a plate that is pressed into the material.
- Digital Print
Digital printing uses digital artwork files such as PDFs which are sent directly to the printer and a mixture of inks is used to create the print on the merchandise. This process allows for faster turnaround time and the ability to print shorter runs as the setup time is significantly minimised.
- Heat Transfer
The artwork is digitally printed on vinyl which is then transferred onto the material using a heat press.
The inks that are transferred to the material is passed from a solid to gas state and thoroughly bonded to the material in that way.
A high powered sewing machine creates the pattern or logo on textile based merchandise. Generally used for uniforms, apparel and headwear, multiple colour embroidery is available.
- As much as we love having the power of Google at our fingertips, unfortunately it’s not that easy to get hold of your logo or artwork from the wonderous web!Our preferred file type for all artwork is vector format. Below is a graphic explaining why the verctor format is preferred.This can be supplied in an EPS or Adobe Illustrator Ai files. To ensure your text is as you provide, all text must be converted to outlines. Placed images need to be either embedded or supplied as separate files.In most cases, a Pantone (PMS coated) colour must be supplied.
Other File Formats:
- Some PDF files are acceptable, depending on where the artwork was created
- All images to be minimum 300 dpi.
- Raster files are those that ind in Bmp, Tiff or jpg and can only be used for one colour print jobs . These files are not the ideal type, but in the case where they are necessary, they need to be saved at least double the size of the final print size.
- Unfortunately we cannot use Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point or any other Office program as finished artwork, but our design team can use the files to create the correct file types
When we receive your files, we can determine if they are suitable or not, and advise what the next steps are.
In most cases, yes! We offer FREE creative, meaning we can vectorise your artwork to ensure they are ready for print.
We also provide free mockups so we can show you just how your merchandise is going to look as a digital line drawing.
If you’re unsure, you can simply send it to us and we will have our in house design team determine the best way to utilise your artwork
We can also colour match your existing logo to produce a PMS colour if you don’t have or know yours. However, please note that this is done at the discretion of our experienced sales team, and although an approval will be sent, what you see on the screen will differ slightly to what you get in print. You can view the PMS colour range here.
Ask any designer and they’ll chew your ear off about how white is “not a colour”. However, when it comes to printing, it most certainly is!
A black logo on a light coloured background is considered a 1 colour job, however, on a darker coloured substrate, if the white area is to be printed also, it will be considered 2 colours.
We’d love to be able to print all your creative and fantastic designs onto absolutely everything that we offer, but unfortunately, often print methods and complexity of designs limit what you can print. We will review your designs before the mock up is created and if it’s not possible to action your enquiry, we will be able to suggest alternative options for you.
The turnaround time is the production time. This timeline is calculated from the date of artwork approval and payment, not from the date you enquire or receive your quote and does not include the freight or postage time. As it may take a number of days to organise samples and mock ups, the clearer your vision for your merchandise is, the quicker we can get the process started!
Yes, we do.
Yes, we accept all major Credit Cards (surcharges may apply).
We also accept direct transfers. Details will appear on your invoice once your order is confirmed.
Let’s talk numbers. Depending on the volume of orders, we can set up an account for you or your business to make re-ordering a breeze!
We aim to understand your project with our marketing caps on! We don’t just organise the creation of the merchandise, we elevate your brand to new levels by sourcing the best quality items and ensuring they align with your brand values. It’s important for you to be able to trust us with your most valuable asset, your brand!
For any general enquiries, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 1800 659 649
- We’ve all been in a situation where we have had to channel our inner student and realise far too late that we need to finish a project within a ridiculously short turnaround time. Luckily, we have options for this! We’ve made it easy to find the items that can be done fastest.Browse our express range of products on the website. Once you’ve made your selection, you can view the pricing table and turnaround times to work out if it will meet your requirements.Next, add the product/s to your enquiry cart and submit your enquiryThe more information you provide to our team during the enquiry process, the quicker we can process the order. Ensure all your artwork you upload is in one of the formats we described above, and have any other relevant information ready to go.If you’re still overwhelmed and get stuck, chat to one of our friendly staff online and they can guide you through the steps!
We’re a friendly and talkative group of individuals here at Promotive, and we love to meet new people. In some cases, we will be able to come and talk through what your requirements are. Send us an email and we will see what we can organise for you!
We provide a digital mock up for approval with every order, and we can provide custom samples of your merchandise, at a cost. This will be quoted up depending on the nature of the job.
Absolutely. All we need is your general idea, any specifications such as materials or colours that must be included, and we can come up with a strategy for your needs! Our team have a lot of experience with putting together proposals for clients that include a range of promotional merchandise that will work with your vision.
We all love a shortcut! However, sometimes, we need to be super thorough with the requirements of a job, as it’s important to ensure we deliver exactly what you want. In the case where you are wanting the exact same as your previous order, it’s as simple as reviewing the Docusign and sending through the approval. It may be that a new team member has joined Promotive and is not familiar with the nature of the job. It’s always best to review to order to make sure that everyone is on the same page!
Because we always aim to be back in a flash with our customer service, we use the same philosophy with getting your merchandise into production. in most cases, we won’t be able to make any changes once the final production approval has been given, because we send it to our super speedy suppliers to get the job going. Contact our team as soon as possible to see what we can do in the case that your circumstances have changed.
Assuming you’re not living or working in a remote area of Siberia, we can ship to most international locations, please contact us for a quote on your specific destination.
Occasionally, images are sourced from Freepik